Rate the web
- Under the direction of Electrical Engineers, assists with Schematic Design and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout for prototype electronic based product designs.
- Builds PCB prototypes.
- Tests and troubleshoots electronic circuit functionality on electronic based products in accordance with pre-established test procedures and under the direction of Electrical Engineers.
- Conducts EMC and ESD Testing in accordance with pre-established test procedures and under the direction of Electrical Engineers.
- Sets up standard test apparatus or devises test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability. Makes adjustments to test parameters within pre-established guidelines and under the direction of Electrical Engineers.
- Analyzes and interprets tests data. Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs and schematics to describe and illustrate actual operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications and functional limitations for consideration by Electrical Engineers.
- Maintains Electronics Lab equipment, making recommendations for repair and/or replacement and ensuring all equipment is properly calibrated.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or equivalent with 1 to 3 years experience.
- Basic understanding of Circuit Theory and Electronics. Capable of building and soldering printed circuit boards. Test/troubleshoot electronic circuit functionality. Ability to use electronic theory to debug and repair electronic designs down to the component level. Ability to use test equipment to measure and record various electronic parameters in a given circuit. Familiar with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multimeters, power supplies.
- Basic knowledge of computer and basic software packages (i.e. Windows, Word, Excel, etc.). Must have the ability to function effectively as part of a Team, possess an excellent attention to detail and be proficient in technical writing.
Commercial Regional Manager-Taco (Canada) Ltd.
- Reporting to the General Manager, manages the sales of commercial products and services in Canada working with assigned sales representatives and distributors to attain maximum sales volume from potential markets and meet the goals of the company. Participates in the selection and development of sales representatives and distributors. Establishes and maintains relationships with sales representatives, contractors and customers.
- Manages the sales of commercial products and services through sales representatives and distributors to achieve sales and profit goals within the region. Recommends, develops and manages commercial sales and marketing programs, including the CQA. Sets short and long-term sales strategies to manage the action plans set forth in the commercial strategic plan.
- Works with the General Manager to handle representative selection, decisions and recommendations.
- Completes interviews and prepares market surveys for improved distribution in the market. Monitors competitive activity and reports monthly.
- Conducts Taco product and system training and seminars, including LoadMatch and HVAC Solution, for representatives, design build contractors and engineers. Develops training aids and tools for use by Taco and representatives.
- Visits and calls on present and potential customers and end users with sales representatives. Utilizes the business intelligence software program to identify opportunities for commercial sales improvement and initiate action plans by product line to improve market share.
- Provides market intelligence to the commercial product managers as required in support of new product development and product line enhancement activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with sales representatives, contractors and customers.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- Professional Engineer or CET. Preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5 to 7 years minimum experience in the HVAC sales field.
- Excellent experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Assembler B, 2nd Shift - Fall River
- Performs a variety of routine duties involved in the assembly or loading of various items in the product line, under close supervision.
- Works from drawings and travel tickets.
- Uses a variety of power hand tools such as wrenches and drills.
- Assembles items in the product line in accordance with specifications. Works closely with high-skilled craftsperson to assure conformance with procedures and quality standards.
- Works off daily turn in report to load designated finished goods onto shipping trailer.
- Packages, straps and palletizes finished goods.
- Test completed units on hydrostatic testing equipment. Monitors quality of work and reports equipment malfunctions, defective materials or other unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Operates material handling equipment, as required, to move heavy weight material (Over 60 lbs.).
- Maintains work area and equipment in neat, clean and orderly condition. Observe all safety regulations and practices.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- Must have a HS Diploma or GED.
- Requires experience of up to 3 months.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Requires basic math skills, including how to perform decimals and fraction functions.
- Forklift operation experience.
- Ability to use fixed gauges.
Web Application Developer
The Web Application Developer works within the Information Technology Department under the supervision of the Web Application Manager. The Web Application Developer will work on programming requests from IT staff, customer service and/or marketing.
The primary responsibility is for developing and implementing website initiatives to achieve functionality between front and back-end, including designing, troubleshooting, debugging and implementing software code for a specific portion(s) of the web site(s). You will assist designers and other members to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the web site(s).
- Code and develop server side web applications from a requirements and design specification.
- Plan web applications by evaluating product requirements and creating product specifications; analyzing existing and proposed systems; identifying constraints and technical issues.
- Develop web applications by studying existing technology architecture; analyzing browser compatibility techniques; evaluating solution alternatives; developing prototypes; building n-tier, scalable, and multimedia applications; programming objects, events, functions, error trapping, data verification, animations, interactions, and dynamic updating; designing, installing, and configuring databases; completing documentation.
- Program and develop web applications from functional specifications, system analysis and/or user requirements.
- Maintain team goals and objectives by communicating essential information; coordinating actions; obtaining expert input; reviewing open issues and action items; contributing information to team meetings and reports.
- Update job knowledge by researching new web technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- A broad knowledge of web development discipline involving the use of a broad theoretical knowledge equivalent to a complete 4 year college or university education is required.
- Strong skills in MS SQL Server, XML, SharePoint, ASP, HTML 5, VB.Net, Visual Studio 2005/2010, Web Services and JQuery are required.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience.
- The candidate must demonstrate good listening, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with internal and external customers.
R&D Motor Engineers, AC and DC
- Design and develop new products, specifically new pumps based on classical hydraulic and fluid mechanics principles.
- Determines mechanical power requirements for pumps and selects/designs a proper source for this power
typically in the form of but not limited to permanent split capacitor electric motors.
- Performs theoretical and numerical analysis of structural, thermal, electric and hydraulic characteristics
- Works with several departments, including R&D, Sales and Marketing, as well with Taco customers, design consultants, and suppliers.
- BS Engineering.
- Solid knowledge of permanent magnetic motors.
- Electric motor design and development experience.
- 7 years with HVAC or related products, process, product design and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills
- Preferred background would include permanent magnetic motor design, wet rotor motor design, and an
understanding of electric motor speed control.
At Taco, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package plus strong career potential in a progressive, growing company. For prompt, confidential consideration, please send resume to:
Human Resources Dept.
1160 Cranston Street
Cranston, RI 02920;
Fax: (401) 946-6627
An Equal Opportunity Employer