Sr. Human Resources Generalist - North American & Global Initiatives
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manages employee communications programs, including preparation and publication of employee newsletters, brochures and Intranet information, and administration of HR surveys. Develops, updates and administers Human Resource policies and procedures and working together guidelines. Ensures the proper distribution and understanding of policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development, installation and administration of compensation programs. Completes periodic regional and global wage and salary surveys and analyzes trends. Prepares job descriptions and performs job evaluations/classifications. Assists in creating and/or updating salary structure and implementing revisions. Implements, monitors and schedules performance reviews and pay actions.
- Manages, processes and maintains employee records in HRIS system. Audits records. Assists with the evaluation of HRIS software and hardware needs.
Monitors state, federal and global legal and regulatory requirements and acts as consultant to management on employment laws, government regulations and company policies. Identifies and implements solutions to mitigate potential legal exposure. Ensures proper records are maintained. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Labor Laws, Regulatory and State employment laws and other related human resources regulations in the U.S., Canada, Panama, Vietnam and China.
- Works on the development of programs designed to improve the quality of work life and employee satisfaction. Works closely with management and HR colleagues at other U.S. and global facilities to coordinate employee relations programs and activities. Promotes and develops global company culture at a local level.
- Develops, implements and recommends equal employment and diversity programs which are in keeping with corporate objectives and ensures compliance with current legal requirements. Monitors effectiveness of programs and communicates policies and programs to employees, top management and government agencies.
- Develops and deploys a full cycle recruiting strategy to include a pipeline of candidates, resume sourcing, social media, college and university contacts, establishing relationships with potential candidates, networking and developing recruiting sources, attracting best in class candidates, interviewing and extending offers, and onboarding new employees.
- Works with HR colleagues at corporate headquarters to lead the design, implementation, communication and administration of competitive benefits programs that align with the regional and global business strategy and objectives of the company. Provide subject matter expertise on global employee benefits programs, processes, policies, and vendors.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with management and HR colleagues at other U.S. and global facilities to stay abreast of current and future business needs.
- Works with the Sr. Vice President of Human Resources on the development of short and long range regional and global strategic plans for effective recruitment, development and utilization of human resources, the projection of company-wide organizational requirements, succession planning programs, and other project management activities.
- Performs other Human Resource duties as required or directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration.
- 5+ years of Human Resources Generalist experience, preferably in a global environment.
- Thorough knowledge of labor laws and regulatory environment governing human resources and employment practices.
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills.
- High degree of discretion, confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Strong track record of interaction with all levels of management employees.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and HRIS systems.
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- GPHR or SPHR Certification a plus.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods and quality control standards.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency. Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specification and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials or parts. Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs. Prepares capital equipment proposals for management review and approval.
- Confers with management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, etc. to facilitate production processes.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing new and finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards and confirming manufacturing processes. Writes and debugs machine programs.
- Participates on project teams as assigned and in accordance with Taco's Four Phase Product Development Process.
- Uses excellent communication skills in working with internal contacts on the production floor and in company divisions, Marketing & Sales, and Quality Services, and with external contacts such as Taco customers, design consultants, and suppliers.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Over 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment, utilizing engineering skills to plan, coordinate, evaluate and improve manufacturing processes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, computer skills, time management, problem solving and technical writing skills.
- Must have the ability to write, debug and initiate CNC equipment.
- Proven experience leading Lean and Kaizen events.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad, SolidWorks and Automation Equipment software.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and people skills required.
Hydraulic Fluid Pump Design Engineer
- Develops optimal hydraulic designs involving impeller and volute designs. This involves ensuring that accurate and current inputs are received prior to the hydraulic analysis, verifying that design alternatives are adequately reviewed, performing design failure mode analysis (DFMEA), developing functional specifications and confirming that the design complies with quality processes, standards and industry regulations.
- Provides technical support and leadership in areas of assigned responsibility including material selection, structural requirements, tolerances, and testing. Maintains close contact and coordinates activities with other team members within the department and in the gate review process. Assists other departments in the preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects. Analyzes historical and current designs to meet customer specifications. Creates hydraulic control standards to improve design, troubleshooting and assembly procedures. Conducts hydraulic product reviews for the improvement and further development of existing product designs.
- Identifies hydraulic quality and reliability issues to implement solutions.
- Participates in quality investigations (root cause analysis and problem solving), develops solutions and issues formal recommendations.
- Supports the implementation and execution of technical recommendations. Provides support to Project teams with hydraulic modeling to ensure that the project requirements are met. Conducts technical reviews, with a focus on hydraulics, at various stages in the life cycle gating process.
- Prepare product development criteria in accordance with management objectives. Works with suppliers to validate product designs meet the required specifications. May undertake domestic and international supplier visits to support specific projects as required.
- Adheres to company document control standards, ensuring consistent checking and approval of drawings and data.
- Develops appropriate documentation outlining design parameters, assumptions and results such that the product scope can be easily communicated to other relevant departments and/or stakeholders. This involves communicating timely with project teams, gate review teams, engineers, sales and marketing and other stakeholders to ensure that technical results are clearly conveyed and understood. Prepares all necessary reports and presents content as requested and required.
- Ensures that effective and pro-active communication is maintained with all internal and external stakeholders. Initiates meetings, correspondence and discussion with appropriate project resources when product or project scope, schedule and cost require clarification.
- Maintains and enhances knowledge level with current Computational Fluid Design (CFD) simulation technologies. Maintains proficiency with the use of in-house and industry recognized simulation tools. Participates in industry committees, technical organizations, conferences and seminars related to hydraulics in the company's industry.
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
5-years of hydraulic pump design experience preferably with direct application to radial pump design.
- Proficient in CAD/CAE/CFD (Solid Works, and CFDesign, PUMPAL).
- Well-developed critical thinking, problem solving, organization and project management skills.
- Effective communication skills, including excellent oral and written skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally interact with peers, internal stakeholders, upper level management, suppliers, and customers.
- Ability to manage planned and unplanned activities, while remaining effective.
- Aptitude to manage multiple assignments while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Directs and coordinates activities of the production departments within the Circulator Division, including processing materials and manufacturing products; applying knowledge of production methods, programming, processes, CNC and automation machines and equipment, plant layout, and production capacities of each department. Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data, such as types, quantities, and specifications of products in order to develop and implement an efficient production and manpower plan.
- Reviews schedules with Sr. Vice President of Division and 2nd Shift Supervisor to ascertain production requirements, machine capacity, manpower capacity and product due dates.
- Observes production working practices and standards to facilitate continuous improvement and cross-training. Initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, disciplinary matters or discharges. Works with personnel to resolve problems and issues.
- Resolves manufacturing and maintenance problems to insure minimum costs, prevent delays and causes of nonconformity.
- Inspects machines and equipment to insure operational performance, optimum utilization, and adherence to machine maintenance schedules.
- Adheres to budget and cost controls.
- Consults with operations, engineering and quality personnel to improve production and quality of products. Follows all quality and ISO policies and procedures and ensures compliance by all personnel.
- Uses hands on working knowledge of CNC and automation equipment, programming, tooling, fixturing, gauging, SPC, cellular manufacturing and lean methods and inventory control processes.
- Gives work directions, resolves problems, prepares work schedules and sets deadlines to insure operation completion.
- Develops and reviews capacity and manpower plans. Makes recommendations to improve capacity utilization, schedules and facilitates cross-training within the production departments.
- Observes all safety regulations and practices and directs subordinates in doing the same. Holds regular safety meetings with personnel. Facilitates and promotes good housekeeping within the production departments in accordance with the company's housekeeping guidelines.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing Technology or related discipline with at least 5 years direct production/manufacturing supervisory and leadership experience.
- Must have a complete understanding of automated controls systems and integration, and working knowledge of CNC machines and basic programming skills.
- At least two years of proven experience leading Lean and Kaizen events, and leading or managing cellular manufacturing.
Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work with various support groups.
- Excellent leadership skills, demonstrated ability in people motivation, organizing and team building skills.
- Solid record of attention to detail and adherence to procedures.
Embedded Controls Engineer
- Designs and develops embedded software including: performing requirement analysis, software architecture design and optimization, data structure design, high and low level software requirement development, control algorithm development, serial communication protocol development, programming in C and assembly language, hardware/software integration, memory usage analysis, stack usage analysis, timing analysis and throughput analysis.
- Designs and develops embedded hardware including: performing requirement analysis, input power and load requirement, hardware design and optimization, schematic capture and PCB layout
- Performs coding, testing, debugging and modifying of complex embedded systems software to ensure project objectives and schedules are met.
- Provides architect streaming solutions for connected devices with focus on portability across hardware platforms, operating systems and middleware.
- Coordinates and participates in hardware and software design reviews.
- Documents and archives hardware releases in accordance with company hardware development process.
- Documents and archives software program releases in accordance with company software development process.
- Develops hardware and software requirements specifications and product functional specifications.
- Develops test protocols for design verification.
- Works closely with a team of other highly skilled engineering professionals to solve cross functional design issues and deliver top quality products to the end user.
- Provides technical expertise on embedded hardware and software to multiple project teams, sales and marketing, quality services and customers. Assists in the resolution of product based technical issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with a strong background in hardware and software development.
- A minimum of five (5) years of embedded systems hardware/software development. (25% Hardware / 75% Software).
- Strong C programming skills with expertise in well-structured and documented analysis, design and coding.
- Working knowledge of Version Control, Visual Source Safe, and bug tracking software.
- Excellent organizational, communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience with logic analyzers, scopes and multimeters.
- Working knowledge of schematic capture and PCB layout programs. Preferably DxDesigner and Pads Layout.
- Experience with HVAC residential and commercial control systems, schemes and PID loop control.
- Assembly language programming skills.
- Experiences with Microchip microprocessors, LCD's, touch screens.
- Experience with Communication Interfaces (USB, I2C, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, CAN).
- User interface development.
- Phone application development.
At Taco, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package plus strong career potential in a progressive, growing company. For prompt, confidential consideration, please send resume to:
Human Resources Dept.
1160 Cranston Street
Cranston, RI 02920;
Fax: (401) 946-6627
An Equal Opportunity Employer