Featured Products: Variable Speed Pumps
A growing number of HVAC pros recognize variable speed pumping as a great way to boost system efficiency, save energy and provide better comfort to occupants of residential and commercial buildings of many kinds.
Taco variable speed pumps were designed to deliver all those benefits. Our variable speed pumps are versatile, so they are the ideal choice for many different kinds of hydronic systems. They're easy-to-install, easy-to-use, they consume less energy than traditional, fixed-speed pumps and they make the most of the energy they do use. Here are two of our latest models.
For Residential Jobs: The Bumble Bee High Efficiency Variable Speed Circulator
For residential and light commercial jobs, The Bumble Bee is the circulator that delivers the best of both worldsthe electrical savings of an ECM motor and the energy savings of variable speed pumping.
The Bumble Bee's high efficiency ECM motor uses up to 85% less electricity than a standard circulator. Its exclusive Delta-T variable speed technology multiplies those savings 15 to 19 times by reducing boiler short cycling, boosting boiler efficiency and maximizing the overall efficiency of the heating system.
In addition, the Bumble Bee contains a host of contractor-friendly features:
Made with the contractor in mind, with performance, versatility, and traditional Taco quality, the Bumble Bee High Efficiency Variable Speed Circulator is the go-to pump for all your residential and light commercial jobs.
- Fully programmable.
- 360 degree swivel flange for universal fit-up.
- Nut capture feature on flanges.
- LED displays real-time mode, watt usage and GPM flow.
- Integral Flow Check (IFC) included.
Get more information, catalog and instruction sheet here.
For Commercial Systems: The Viridian High Efficiency Pump
One of Taco's latest generation of variable speed pumps, the Viridian is a new convergence of efficiency, simplicity and technology in wet rotor circulators.
The Viridian is a web-enabled, variable speed, wet rotor circulator designed for commercial chilled and hot water applications. You can access and control the pump over the Internet, which takes installation, setup, ongoing monitoring and service to a new level of simplicity and convenience.
Viridian's versatility, energy savings, convenience and quality, make it an exciting new option for increased efficiency and system performance in a wide range of applications.
- Viridian's ECM motor saves up to 80% of electrical energy compared to conventional pumps. Viridian offers multiple operating modes.
- Constant Pressure Control ( Δp-c).
- Variable Differential Pressure Control ( Δp-v).
- Proportional Pressure Control.
- Constant Curve Duty (uncontrolled pump).
- RPM Regulation.
- Power Limitation.
Get complete information here.
Go Mobile with the Free Taco Pump Wizard
The power and convenience of Taco's Pump Selection Wizard, long available on the Taco website is now available for the Apple iPhone and iPad.
Download the Pump Selection app 2.0.
In the office or in the field, anywhere there's an Internet connection available you can tap into the powerful features of the Pump Selection app 2.0.
Download or update your copy of the Taco Pump Selection app 2.0 for the iPhone and iPad today. Android tablets version is coming soon.
- Select single pumps, variable speed pumps, pumps in parallel or pumps for fluids other than water.
- Get one-click access to the Taco Document Selection Wizard and the entire Taco website: www.taco-hvac.com.
- Call or email Taco Tech Support with a single click.
- Find a Taco sales representative with a single click.
As always, remember to visit Taco www.taco-hvac.com for product information, tech support, training and more.
Thanks for your interest.
Director of Brand Marketing